You may have encountered a problem with your Stripe account along the way, so this article is devoted to the main issues that seem to be the most common.
The good news is there is one fix for them all!
POWR offers Stripe as one of our payment options in several of our apps. You can find setup instructions for each below:
Stripe Support also has many articles on troubleshooting as well.
Is POWR properly authorized?
If you're seeing issues when trying to take a payment in your app using Stripe, this might be due to POWR not having been properly authorized during the setup process.
Examples of issues that point to this being the underlying problem:
- Stripe payments are toggled on in the POWR settings, but a Form is showing the following error on submit: "Payments have not been connected for this form. If you're testing this form, you may need to refresh the page."
- A buyer enters their credit card details in checkout but sees an error informing them that "this merchant cannot currently accept payments."
- The checkout form shows a credit card input field, but the field cannot be filled.
Fixing Stripe Payment Issues
To fix any of the above issues, please follow these steps:
1. Go into the POWR Editor of your app and toggle Stripe off.
2. Then, toggle it back on. If a new Stripe window opens, follow all the steps in the setup process.
3. Republish and test a payment.
4. If this fails, contact POWR support directly to reset your Stripe settings. Once we have removed Stripe, we will let you know, and you can then reauthorize Stripe again by toggling on and logging back in.