POWR Form Builder is an excellent solution for many types of forms - contact forms, order forms, payment forms, surveys, polls, zoom meeting registration forms, etc.
POWR forms are also a popular solution for raffles, such as sneaker release raffles. What's unique about this use case is that sneaker raffles often receive thousands of responses within a very short amount of time. This means you will need a POWR Business upgrade to handle this type of volume.
Do's and Don'ts of using POWR for sneaker raffles:
- Upgrade your form ahead of time to avoid any downtime after the raffle goes live
- Enable the "Prevent multiple form submissions per IP address" setting. This will block submissions form users who have already submitted.
- Enable reCAPTCHA in your form. Although we have invisible reCAPTCHA enabled by default in all forms, enabling visible reCAPTCHA adds another barrier and protects your form even better against spam and bot submissions.
- If you're expecting more than 100,000 submissions total through one of your forms, please contact our support team a day in advance so our team can monitor our servers while your raffle is live.
- Schedule your form to go offline after the submission deadline has passed.
- Use integrations. Unless absolutely necessary, we advise against connecting to third-party integrations like Mailchimp, Google Sheets, or Zapier when using our forms for raffles. Although our servers handle the high volume of responses pretty well, if every submission also needs to be synced to another service it can dramatically slow down overall performance of your form (and the POWR servers in general). Instead, download your responses from POWR directly after your raffle is over.
- Set up admin email alerts. Your inbox will explode, and for this use case there is no good reason for having a copy of the responses in your inbox. Manually exporting your data after the raffle has expired is the better option.
- Panic if your form is slow to load on your page. Please do contact our support team if there are issues. It's likely that our team is already aware if our servers are slow or if there are any issues with apps not loading. Typically, these issues are resolved very quickly.