The Edit button appears above all published apps. It appears to anyone who has editing access for the app. This allows you to customize your app while viewing how it fits into your site. It does not appear to your site visitors.
- Edit on Live Site: All changes made to the POWR App will be automatically reflected on your live website where the POWR App is installed.
- Edit in Draft Mode: You will be redirected from your live website to the POWR Editor to make changes to your App. These changes will not be reflected on your live website until the "Publish Now" button is selected in the POWR Editor.
1. Log In
Make sure you are logged in to your account at POWR.io. Only the creator of an app can see the Edit Icon.
2. POWR Up
While viewing the live page, press "p" + "up-arrow" on your keyboard at the same time. You may need to do this a few times. This "POWR Up" hotkey should make the Edit Icon appear.
If neither of these strategies work, make sure your browser is accepting cookies from POWR. Cookies are necessary for the POWR system to recognize you as the app's owner.
Seeing the Edit Icon as a visitor
If you're viewing your site as a visitor (e.g. when you are not logged in at powr.io) and the Edit Icon still appears, this might mean that your App is not saved yet.
All POWR Apps must be saved in order for them to work correctly. To save your App, follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.powr.io
- Log in to your account
- Go back to your site
- Click on the Edit button to open the POWR Editor
- Click through the Editor screens to customize your App's content and design
- Once you are on the last screen, click Save in the lower right corner of your Editor.
If your changes are not saving, please make sure that cookies are enabled in your browser.